Wessex Road Surgery
CQC overall rating
FLU JAB CLINICS
The flu vaccination is available every year on the NHS to help protect adults and children at risk of flu and its complications. People eligible for the flu jab include:
- Anyone aged 65 and over
- Pregnant women
- Children and adults with an underlying health condition (particularly long-term heart or respiratory disease)
Please phone our Reception team to book an appointment with our Nurse to have your flu jab.
Online Patient Access
If you wish to, you can now use the internet to book appointments with a GP, request repeat prescriptions for any medications you take regularly and look at your medical record online. There are registrations forms available at Reception, you will also need proof of ID. You will be given login details, so you will need to think of a password which is unique to you. This will ensure that only you are able to access your record – unless you choose to share your details with a family member or carer.
As part of the commitment to more personalised care for patients, NHS Employers and the General Practitioners Committee of the British Medical Association have agreed that all patients will have a named accountable GP.
The ‘named’ GP will: -
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required under the contract with the practice are delivered to you
- Where required, based on the professional judgement of the ‘named’ GP, work with relevant associated health and social care professionals to deliver a multidisciplinary care package that meets your needs
- Ensure that your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice
- Ensure that patients over 75 years of age have access to a health check if requested, which is already a requirement of the GP contract regulations.
Wessex Road Surgery will ensure that there is a named accountable GP assigned to each patient.
New patients will be allocated a GP at the time of registration. Your named accountable GP will be the same as your registered GP however this does not affect your ability to see any GP of your choice as you currently do, if you have a preference as to which GP is your named GP, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your request.